Civil Litigation Lawyer Windsor - When a business enterprise experiences financial problems, amongst the most essential things you can do is choose the correct team to help you navigate the process. bankruptcies, business restructuring and insolvencies could be amongst the most difficult of experiences. Our Business Restructuring and Insolvency Group has a wealth of skill in order to help you deal with these situations. Our lawyers are uniquely positioned to offer suggestion and representation, resulting in efficient, strategic and timely solutions.
We work with business enterprises in industries like for instance automotive, airline, communications, biomedical, construction, entertainment, funeral, financial services, healthcare, insurance, marketing, manufacturing, steel, mining, technology, retail, natural resources, and real estate. Our lawyers can help you with the difficulties of cross-border proceedings administered under either the Canada Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act ("CCAA") or Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code. We have extensive experience with domestic and multi-national business reorganizations and restructuring, whether court-supervised or informal. Bankruptcy and Insolvency restructuring legislation in the U.S. and Canada have a similar debtor-in-possession focus; nonetheless, the laws of the two jurisdictions are different enough to require people involved in cross-border proceedings to be knowledgeable regarding both jurisdictions. In recent years our lawyers have advised stakeholders and intermediaries in many of the largest restructurings and insolvencies under the CCAA, the Winding-Up and Restructuring Act, and the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act ("BIA").
Timely access to the required professionals could tip the scales in favour of a positive result throughout business restructuring and insolvency. Our team draws upon the depth and breadth of various skilled members in our international office in all legal areas related to business reorganizations. Our office has professionals in banking and securitization, mergers and acquisitions, public and private equity, labour and employment, intellectual property and real property, and governmental relations. In cases of insolvency needing advocacy before appellate and trial courts, our team provides skilled litigators.
Our services to various stakeholders consist of the following:
1. We assist those financially challenged businesses on the alternatives and options of restructuring, that consists of the directing and creating of formal restructuring proceedings under the BIA and the CCAA.
2. In relation to businesses in financial distress, we advise board members and the independent/special committees of public and private corporations.
3. We advise in relation to insolvent business debtors, including providing suggestion in the context of cross-border restructuring proceedings, to institutional and non-regulated lenders, members of and agents to operational, term, asset-based and second-lien lenders, distressed debt investors, lending syndicates, trust indenture trustees, bondholders, formal and ad hoc noteholders committees, and hedge fund and private equity investors.
4. In cases being administered under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code related to cross-border and Canadian restructuring procedures, we advise the formal and ad-hoc creditors committees.
5. We advise secured creditors concerning the enforcement of their security, privately and through court-supervised processes and the protections of their interests and rights in insolvency proceedings.
6. We advise trustees in liquidators, bankruptcy, monitors, receivers, interim receivers, construction lien trustees and other court-appointed officers in CCAA proceedings and proposals under the BIA, consisting of bankruptcies and receiverships.
7. In relation to defaulting or insolvent debtors, we advise equipment lessors and vendors, suppliers, contracting third parties, and commercial landlords in insolvency and restructuring proceedings and realizations.
8. We advise purchasers acquiring distressed assets or businesses in cases administered under the BIA and CCAA, from trustees in bankruptcy and from privately or court-appointed receivers.
9. In insolvency proceedings, we assist financial advisors, investment bankers, and other consultants.
10. In the context of bankruptcy, insolvency and business restructuring cases, we offer counsel could various litigation matters.
11.We prosecute and defend litigating actions and preference actions for fraudulent conveyance of assets and acquiring urgent relief to protect and preserve assets from dissipation, such as injunctions, mareva injunctions, and anton pillar orders.
Click to Download the pdf